Sunday, December 7, 2008



made plans to run on the beach, but then decided that it was nice enough to just walk..the sun set on Torrey Pines was incredible, I don't think I can ever forget it. Gorden and I did a rough hike, for me at least, we climbed up the mountain and went the other way down straight to the beach. The sky slowly turned dark, and while we walked on the beach I saw a dark figure slowly emerged from the water, and then I realized that it was a seal, a real, live, seal!! I was short of breathe but couldn't take a picture because it was already too dark, and I was a little bit afraid of it as we were positively getting very close to each other. After we stared each other for some time the beast decided to move its chubby body and turned slowly back to the ocean. I was really touched by it, I had never seen a sea animal this up and close before, at a place so beautiful, and so I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

T.R. DeMartin said...

Hi! I just happened to browse to your blog and before I even read the caption I recognized that as a Torrey Pines sunset. Beautiful! I'm a San Diego native myself, but funny how something so generic looking can be so specific.